Looking for a good image cataloge program

Dan 13:23 18 Jun 2003

As I dabble in art/photography I find I'm rapidly gaining hundreds of images on the pc, some of which I put on cdr and many of which I would like to have better track of.

I'm looking for a catalogue program which will support tif,jpeg,psd and ideally but not urgently Canon RAW still formats and maybe avi too.

I've already dismissed Iview Media because although it says it supports Photoshop post 3.0 it turns out that that's only in it's Mac Pro version.

I've heard some pretty poor reviews of Adobe's new program and Jasc's PhotoAlbum4 doesn't specify what format it covers.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Dan

-pops- 13:33 18 Jun 2003

Have a look a Irfanview. Don't know if it will do exactly what you want but it's very comprehensive and FREE! click here

Brian

leo49 13:44 18 Jun 2003

I find this one good to use:

click here

Regards

Dan 15:39 18 Jun 2003

I did have a look at Irfanview and though I agree it's a great looking program it's more a viewer and tweaker than any kind of database/cataloguer. (I may well grab it anyway)

I've been looking through the ACDsee site leo49 and I can't find what formats are covered. Nor does it really seem to offer anything more than Windows Explorer does in XP as far as cataloguing. Not that I'm being ungrateful, - I very much appreciate the suggestions from you chaps -. I guess I'm just being picky.

the problem is, whatever I go with I'm gonna have to stick with because we're talking a whole lot of entries to get it up and running.

Any other programs people are using?

woodchip 15:45 18 Jun 2003

Will this be any good click here

leo49 16:05 18 Jun 2003

ACDSee does actually support all the formats you mentioned and a whole lot more - if you want a list of the formats[Appendix2] and all the multiple functions why not download the pdf manual from the website - it's free.

Dan 17:09 18 Jun 2003

Cheers leo49 - I've actually downloaded the trial and am gonna try it for a while and see if it's what I want.

If it's not then woodchip's Ashampoo option seems a similar product.

My thanks to you all.

I shall go away and have a prod and poke at the various programs.

Dan

hssutton 17:35 18 Jun 2003

If you find that you are happy with ACDsee. you will find a free version on DPME mag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?