Looking for free remote access software

boyo123boyo 22:47 22 Apr 2016
Answered

I often have to leave my PC for weeks on end, and I would like a remote access software that I can use to connect to & control my PC while away. I also need the software to not need a person to run, so maybe have it in the start-up list.

The most important thing for me is the need to be able to connect to the home PC without a user on that machine being affected. So if my family use the machine I'll see what their doing but won't disturb them.

Thanks in advance!

lotvic 11:11 24 Apr 2016

I hope it's not possible to remotely control a pc without present user knowing. If pc has anti-spyware/malware/virus etc installed I would hope that that an alarm/popup would be triggered.

hastelloy 14:22 24 Apr 2016

As said previously, it is obvious to the home machine that it is being controlled remotely. In any case 2 people can't use a mouse or keyboard at the same time.

boyo123boyo 17:26 21 May 2016

Teamviewer works fine with the permanent password. Thanks. And, for anyone who mentioned spying, I own the machine that I'm viewing but need to use it when not at home but didn't want to stop family from using the machine as well. So, with Teamviewer this works as long as I don't stop their input.

AroundAgain 18:09 21 May 2016

As far as I'm aware, you have options when you set TeamViewer up so that you can remotely access that particular computer but 1) the computer must be switched on ans 2) the right password etc is given

You could install it and see the options. If not suitable (but I think it will be) you can uninstall it ;) So, give it a try - costs nothing

I know LogMeIn is able to do this too but is a paid-for piece of software and can be quite expensive. TeamViewer is free as long as it's for personal use only.

Hope that helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?