Looking for a driver for a motherboard component

adam32 01:11 02 Oct 2010

I am struggling to find a driver for a PCI Simple Communications Controller. I can find no information about this component beyond its title. It is part of a Gigabyte H55 board, but neither the web page nor the CD for this board apparently have a driver for this part. Being an Intel-based board, I checked with Intel's website as well, but got nowhere. Oddly, even disabling the component in device manager (which does not seem to cause any problems) has failed to prevent the new hardware wizard from popping up frequently. Needless to say, it cannot find a driver either. What can I do? I would prefer to find a driver, or otherwise stop that annoying wizard.

MAJ 01:25 02 Oct 2010

It's most likely an internal modem, adam32. What is the exact model of the H55 motherboard and what OS are you using?

MAJ 01:38 02 Oct 2010

No, it looks like I'm wrong, apparently this driver fixes the problem, adam32. click here Source: click here last post on page 1.

adam32 12:45 02 Oct 2010

Thanks to both of you.

MAJ: your link was spot on. The device manager entry has now changed to Management Engine Interface.

Lazarus: thanks for reply. I had already tried that route. A search told me that it was an Intel device, which was no surprise, but the description for the DEV code didn't help in this case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?