Logon Error access denied !!!

rupie 22:48 31 Jul 2003

Am running win2000 onmy PC, with no prob. Have tried to put second HDD on computer, for backup reasons. When Started machine the new drive was seen but I was told to reboot due to an unforseen error. When it came to the usual logon screen and I put in my user name and password the screen went clear and asked for them again. I cannot get any further than this screen. Sometimes it it is 20 sec before this prompt comes up again. I have removed the second HDD and the fault is the same. I have tried everything I know to solve the problem. All user names and pass words do the same. If I spell the password wrong then the usual not recognised error comes up. It will not let me boot up in safe mode or boot to DOS. I have also tried to repair 2000 frm the setup disks to no avail.

VoG II 23:10 31 Jul 2003
  temp003 09:41 01 Aug 2003

The problem described at click here may be what you are having. The addition of the 2nd hard disk may have caused a drive letter change.

The only solution suggested in the article which is available to you seems to be the last one, solution number 5. Boot up the computer with a DOS or 98 boot floppy and use the command fdisk /mbr

In some circumstances, using rewriting the MBR using the fdisk /mbr can cause data loss, although if there's no other solution, you may have to try it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?