Logitech X530 Speakers & Elitebook 8460p & Vista Enterprise 32-bit

vivcbza 19:41 09 Sep 2011

Hi

I am unable to get the 5 speakers to work on the above system. When plugging green line in cable directly into laptop, I get 2 channels. When plugging into docking station (only has line in and line out), sound defaults directly to laptop and bypasses speakers. Can anyone advise how to get all 5 speakers working on the laptop, and when docked on the docking station?

p.s. this is driving me totally insane (have been battling for several days with this - about to dive off my desk head first into the ground)

Secret-Squirrel 20:27 09 Sep 2011

"When plugging green line in cable directly into laptop, I get 2 channels."

Sorry to disappoint you but that sounds right to me. The user manual for your speaker system says this:

•2-channel sound card: Connect the green plug from the audio input cable to the “line out” jack on your sound card. Do not use the black or orange plugs. With a 2-channel sound card you will not hear sound from the rear speakers.

Because your HP laptop only has a single stereo line-out socket, you can't connect the black and orange plugs, so I can't see how you're going to get surround sound (or sound from all the speakers).

Secret-Squirrel 20:41 09 Sep 2011

I've had a further thought. If you've got a 3.5mm double adapter you could try connecting the green and black plugs to it. With that setup you should get stereo through four of the speakers - you won't however get true surround sound and neither will the subwoofer work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?