Logitech X530 sound setup.

Crazygeorge3 14:06 20 Aug 2009

Hello,

Yesterday i bought the Logitech X530 sound system, and i have a few questions about it. Basically, here is my setup:

32" HDTV
Desktop PC
Xbox 360
Wii
PS3

All hooked up to the TV. Now my question is, will the sound system i have bought be suitable for this set up?.

My motherboard claims to support 8 channel audio, however the sound system comes with a green, orange and black plug, and i can not see the appropriate connections on my desktop.

However, logitech did supply a Orange, Black and Green to Phono converter. So, i hooked up the OBG cables to the converter, got two phono cables and hooked them up to my TV.

I do not appear to be getting any sound when i play a track on my PC (I connected a 3.5mm stereo cable from my PC to TV.).

Is something wrong with my setup? Will this not work?.

Thanks.

Stuartli 15:43 20 Aug 2009

The Logitech is a 5.1 system. The "orange" plug is more likely to be what is normally pink.

How many output/input sockets does your sound card have?

In the case of my on-board Realtek ALC655 chipset's three output sockets (it is capable of 5.1), by configuring the Sound Effects Manager control panel for 2.1, 4.1 or 5.1, the Line Out and MIC sockets are converted to two-way operation.

Thus for 5.1 output (five satellites and sub-woofer), the Line Out handles the rear channels, the second Line Out (green, stereo output) the front channels and the third (MIC, black socket) deals with Centre and sub-woofer channels).

I suspect this may be the case with your system - have a look at the sound card's Help pages regarding configuration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone