Logitech Webcam Freeze

Squeals 00:51 25 Apr 2007

Anyone know how to resolve a webcam issue? Every time I start using the webcam in Windows Messenger the picture freezes and eventually Messenger freezes.

Then am unable to exit either webcam utility or Messenger (whether using close, right clicking or using task manager). Only option is to reboot.

Have reinstalled Logitech drivers and software (using latest version on their site). No avail.

Evesham Axis Athlon 2800
OS - Windows XP SP2, fully up to date
DirectX 9.0C
Messenger - latest version
Logitech Quickcam Messenger v8.4.8
6 USB ports - using only 3 (inc camera)

Had hoped to use the webcam for working from home - not looking likely at the moment!!

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks

Squeals

oldbeefer2 09:55 25 Apr 2007

How fast is your broadband connection? I get problems from time to time with video conferencing when the speed is low.

oldbeefer2 09:58 25 Apr 2007

p.s. I have found Sightspeed to be a much better programme for this, but everyone you video with needs to download it as well (but it is free).click here

donki 10:14 25 Apr 2007

What messenger are you using? If its the new Live Messenger it uses quite alot of memory for some reason, especially if you have a lot of contacts.

Squeals 17:21 27 Apr 2007

Sorry didn't come back earlier - think my spam blocker is stopping the auto-emails from Pcadvisor!!

Broadband is only 512Mb (need to upgrade!!).

Am using latest Live Messenger and I too noticed it's a memory hungry beast.

Have now find the problem - uninstall Logitech Messenger and just leave the drivers and it works fine. Must be a conflict between the various IM programs.

Thanks for all help and advice though. Will have a look at Sightspeed since it may be worth it IF licensing allows it to be used for business.

Cheers

Squeals

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?