Logitech Webcam C250 won't install

cowgirl66 17:26 22 Oct 2010

Hi,after being told by Microsoft that I needed to update my webcam, that was just what I tried to do, only after 44% of the download had completed, the process froze. I tried to uninstall the software form add/remove but it wouldn't. So I was out in the sticks with and update which wouldn't download to replace software which wouldn't uninstall. I then had the bright idea of using Revo uninstaller. Brilliant idea, it said that it would remove leftover files found in the registry so long as I ticked them and all the subfolders which I did. So now I thought how strange that there were still files and folders, one even more strangely called, "Logitech Webcam Software" in the Program Files. Had Revo done it's job after all? I tried manually ininstalling these files but was told they were being used by another program (?)

I have searched the Logitech website for an uninstaller tool but to no avail. I have tried putting in the original CD which came with the webcam but am told there is a newer version already on the computer and that won't work either. I have seriously wondered if it's worth all this trouble just so someone can see my mona lisa on the internet. So anyone with any help, please come forward.

Regards, cowgirl66

onthelimit 17:48 22 Oct 2010

I don't quite understand why MS would tell you you need to update a Logitech webcam - those sorts of prompts would normally come from Logitech themselves. You sure you haven't picked up some sort of nasty?

jakimo 17:49 22 Oct 2010

This may be worth a try:..

Restart in Safe Mode and delete all the Logitech folders,reboot,and reinstall Logitech software

cowgirl66 18:07 22 Oct 2010

I wouldn't have thought Windows Automatic update would have sent me a nasty along with all the important updates I downloaded the same day; yesterday. However these days anything is possible...

cowgirl66 18:08 22 Oct 2010

How do I start in Safe Mode please? Is this the same as running in Safe mode in Kasperky Internet Security?

cowgirl66 18:09 22 Oct 2010

How do I start in Safe Mode please? Is this the same as running in Safe mode in Kasperky Internet Security?

cowgirl66 18:12 22 Oct 2010

Jakimo, I have much to thank you for,, your suggestion made me think of Kaspersky Safe Run Mode which I went to try as soon as you suggested it. I went to program files,found Logitech, Uninstall, and it went in a flash... Thank you so much!

Regards cowgirl66

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?