Logitech Setpoint software problem

FatboySlim71 10:02 12 Aug 2008

I have Vista Ultimate and I have the latest version of the Setpoint software V4.60.122.

I have used this software for quite a while and have never had any problems with it until now.

The problems I am having is this:

There is a feature in the Setpoint software's Mouse Movement section called Smart Move, basically with this the mouse arrow will jump to the active box, for example if you were deleting something the mouse arrow would jump to the yes button on the delete window, I find the Smart Move feature very useful, but now for some unknown reason the Smart Move function will not work. When I go into the Mouse Movement section of the Setpoint software and tick (enable) Smart Move, I then click Apply then OK, now if I go back in and look again the Smart Move feature has been un-ticked, I can also confirm that the Smart Move feature is not working has the mouse arrow will not jump to the active box.

I have tried un-installing and then re-installing, and getting rid of all the left over bits of the Setpoint software but still no joy.

I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if so, have you been able to sort it out, I have emailed Logitech to see if they know of a solution and I am awaiting the reply.

Thanks

I am Spartacus 10:11 12 Aug 2008

I've stopped using the Setpoint software and rely on the Vista driver instead. It does mean some of the buttons don't work but I find that preferable to updates to it stuffing my settings and having to 'restore'. It also 'loses' it settings too on a regular basis. The sleep button works though which is the main one I use.

In your example my cursor will jump to the active box simply using the Vista mouse settings (DiNovo Edge).

I am Spartacus 10:14 12 Aug 2008

P.S. If it is a DiNovo Edge you have then the following buttons work:

Sleep
Volume Slider
Volume on/off
The pointy arrow on the left side selects text

The windows button, not the key will activate Media Player.

The %age button and + and - ones don't work

FatboySlim71 11:03 12 Aug 2008

I should have mentioned I have the MX Revolution Mouse. Thanks for the help, I am Spartacus.

I am Spartacus 11:10 12 Aug 2008

I would install Intellipoint and see if that works or even just try the basic Vista settings.

FatboySlim71 11:20 12 Aug 2008

Ive just restored my computer till Saturday's state (with Acronis TI 11) and the Smart Move is working again, so I would hazard a guess that it has been something installed? from then until yesterday? that has caused the problem, although I cannot remember installing anything nor have I had any Windows Updates. Its a mystery!

FatboySlim71 11:21 12 Aug 2008

I'll keep this topic open a bit longer to see what happens. Thanks again I am Spartacus for the suggestions its much appreciated.

I am Spartacus 11:41 12 Aug 2008

The Setpoint software isn't set to update manually is it? I had problems every time it updated and always had to restore both on XP and Vista.

FatboySlim71 11:44 12 Aug 2008

The automatic updates is switched on and its set to "NOTIFY ME BUT DON'T AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL THEM"

FatboySlim71 13:07 13 Aug 2008

Just to update,

Since restoring back to Saturday's state the problem has not returned.

I have however had a reply back from Logitech with a possible solution, which I will bear in mind in case the problem returns. I have copied/pasted the reply below so as it may help others who may be having the same problem.

"Please refer to the following step to resolve the issue:

A. Please exit the SetPoint software from the system tray.

B. Now delete the xml file from the system:

1. Exit the SetPoint software from the system tray.
2. Now delete the xml file from the path given below:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Logitech\Setpoint

After deleting the xml file from the path given above restart your system and re-configure the keys on the mouse and check if the issue is resolved.

C. If the issue persists, please try the following suggestions:

1. Make sure that the user has full admin rights or log in as administrator
2. Go the same path as given above that is

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Logitech\Setpoint

3. Right click on the xml file and select properties.
4. Click on general tab and make sure that the option read only is disabled
5. If the option read only is not disabled then disable this option and click on apply and OK

Now check if the settings within the SetPoint software are being saved.

If the issue persists then write back to me with the step by step results of the above troubleshooting.

ened 17:03 13 Aug 2008

Just a small question on the Set Point subject.

I also have Vista Ultimate but for the life of me I cannot see how to find out which version I have (I do not have it set to automatically update)except that I installed it on December 12 2007.

When you open the settings do you get a picture of the plan?

I only ask because mine is greyed out.

I don't want to hijack your thread so if there is no simple answer I will start my own.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?