logitech quick cam not working with msn messenger

howard63 20:08 10 Jan 2006

I was given one for Christmas and using windows video it works fine. When I connect to a buddy on messenger the microphone works ok but the picture either freezes or does not appear at all. I wonder if this is because I am at present using an old pc - pentium 3/450MHz with 544MB of ram. I have downloaded the latest driver from logitech. It seems a shame to have it and not use it but at least it is stopping my friends having to look at my ugly face. Any suggestions as usual will be appreciated.

DieSse 21:59 10 Jan 2006

Are you on dial-up or broadband? Dial-up lines are not normally sufficiently fast to handle web-cams.

howard63 16:51 14 Jan 2006

this is on broadband 1 MB

Hamish 17:00 14 Jan 2006

Try downloading the latest drivers for your webcam click here

howard63 17:08 14 Jan 2006

I will try that again but think I have this already.

Hamish 17:09 14 Jan 2006

Sorry. Just read that you have the latest driver. Also have you tried a re-stall of messenger

Bagsey 18:49 14 Jan 2006

Have you got version 7 of MSN? if not, upgrade

howard63 07:13 15 Jan 2006

got version 7.5 of messenger - will reinstall

Hamish 09:20 15 Jan 2006

howard63,

Messenger sometimes plays up for me and I use it most night to speak to a friend in Darlington. Could I suggest that you and your friend download and try using the latest version of Skype which now supports video. Hope you get it going soon

howard63 19:48 19 Jan 2006

I have the latest version of msn messenger and have also downloaded the latest version of the camera software again. It now appears to be working but is very jerky so I now think my old pc is not really up to it. I am due a big operation in the next few weeks and hope to build a new one after that. Thanks for all the suggestions.

anskyber 20:07 19 Jan 2006

It is never as smooth as say a TV signal. Ultimately there is the limit of the upload speed of BB which is stuck at say 240kbps even with superfast download speeds. I have Messenger and also Skype and I have found Skype to be a little better on video but still not jerk free. (and no I do not mean me!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?