Logitech Pro 9000 Software updates ...

Nontek 10:04 30 Nov 2010

Just a warning to those using the above webcam - IMHO the latest software update as at today, is not worth installing. Latest is not always best, I have done a System Restore to get rid of latest update, and it worked, am now back to the earlier version which I much prefer.

I wish these firms would NOT "Fix it when it aint broke" The latest update resulted in a much smaller picture on screen, changing resolution 2Mg to 8Mg does not help, picture on screen is still much smaller. I am not interested in printing pics from my webcam, but want to see who I am talking to clearly and as large as possible on screen.

onthelimit 10:34 30 Nov 2010

Tried it and you can drag the picture to the size you want using the bottom right corner. Did create a restore point in case I don't like it, though!

Nontek 10:46 30 Nov 2010

Thanks for your comment - I hovered over corner with that dragging in mind, but no little arrow to drag - maybe I was a bit impatient. Still prefer previous version, which I am now using though, not much 'extra' that I can see in latest update

onthelimit 11:38 30 Nov 2010

Yeah, I'll give it a go for a while but will probably revert.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?