Logitech MX500- Problems...

IanR_ 12:55 13 Dec 2004

Hi all, can anyone help at all?
I have the above optical mouse which is a USB connection.If i leave my computer on for a long period of time & then turn off,and later that day turn it back on again...my red Laser light underneth does'nt work,so no movement.I have plugged it into all my USB ports but no joy.I know my USB's are working because my printer & ADSL modem are still working.

Cheers for any info

Ian

bruno 13:06 13 Dec 2004

Strange creatures these optical mice.When my wife operates the gas cooker with spark ignition in the next room it kills my mouses light.I have to unplug it and replug it to start it again.Not much help to you I know.....

IanR_ 13:12 13 Dec 2004

cheers Bruno for the comment,but like you said no help.Just noticed all the other functions on the mouse work ,Scroll up & down,side buttons, but no red light.....

t.long 13:13 13 Dec 2004

I have the MX700 - same rodent but cordless - it never does anything like yours. In fact its a pain in the proverbial with its constant flashing!

I am no expert, but it does seem like there is a simply explaination for this. Might be adogey mouse, though what would cause such an issue I do not know. Do you have a PS/2 to USB converter, it might be worth trying the mouse with one to see if it is the mouse or the USB port.

IanR_ 13:16 13 Dec 2004

cheers t.long, i have tried that too....no luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?