Logitech Mouse Wheel

night 14:29 29 Jan 2007

When browsing a Web Page, with the above Mouse on moving the wheel the page jumps up bit by bit which is very annoying how does one stop it jumping and to just move as one reads?

The_Dancer 14:35 29 Jan 2007

if you click the middle button (wheel button) and position it slightly under what appears it will slowly move down like film credits...perfect for reading.

night 18:44 29 Jan 2007

Thanks Dancer but have tried as you say but it does not seem to respond, there is nothing more irratating as the page one is viewing moves up in jolts, I feel sure there is awy of just moving the wheel without it jumping upthnks for you idea though.

STREETWORK 18:51 29 Jan 2007

The mouse needs a clean, dust can get in through the wheel bit and upset the control.

The screw to open it is normally hidden under the label on the base of the mouse.

BRYNIT 19:41 29 Jan 2007

You will not be able to fully eliminate the page jumping up/down bit by bit this is due to the fact that the mouse wheel does not run smoothly it moves from notch to notch. This allow the mouse wheel to move the text by 1, 3, 6 lines or screen/page up or down depending on how you have set the mouse wheel in mouse properties.

If you go into mouse properties you may find other setting for the wheel button but I don’t think it will eliminate your problem.

jack 19:51 29 Jan 2007

Instead of lightly clicking the wheel
Depressit slightly the auto svroll symbol shoul come up and the page flows up or down as required.

bruno 19:18 30 Jan 2007

It depends which model you have.I had one until recently and on mine you could go into control panel/mouse/properties and assign different functions.Jack's post works like mine did,but yours may be set to do something different.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?