Logitech Mice

Baledor 13:38 28 Jul 2004

I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop, a few months ago I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse, but noticed that the cursor moved 'jittery' across the screen, I tried installing the latest drivers and using Windows basic drivers but to no avail.

I took the set back to PC World and exchanged it for a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse which worked perfectly.

Due to space limitations the MS keyboard and mouse had to go, and I thought that I would be safe with a corded Logitech MX500 mouse, but no, the dreaded 'jittery' movement has returned. I have tried all the driver updates and default drivers, but to no avail. Does anyone know of any known problems with Logitech mice and/or Dell laptops?

johnsims 15:04 28 Jul 2004

I use a cordless mouseman (not optical) with my Dell Inspiron 3700 and have no problems at all such as those you describe. The transmitter has a USB connector, but I use it with the PS2/USB adapter (provided by Logitech with the mouse) and plug into the PS2 port. Never the hint of a problem. Go to the Logitech site and have a look on the forums there. There is a fairly active membership with lots of postings about specific Logitech products and problems.

Baledor 15:42 28 Jul 2004

I tried that I think, and even without putting any query keywords in the search, the total return for 'Mice' was 13 posts, of which non were about corded mice and cursor problems.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017