Logitech cordless prob's...

nick_j007 22:35 08 Sep 2003

Evening all,
I have a new MX700 cordless mouse and all is fine, but when I plug it into the ps/2 socket all the fancy buttons around it cease to function at all. If I then plug it back into a USB port it works as normal.
Please, any thoughts on how I might resolve this? It has worked fine in the PS/2 before I'm sure, so I don't know what has gone wrong along the line.
I'm off to bed now, but I shall pick up your thoughts in the morning. Many thanks as always.
Nick Jones

Ironman556 23:54 08 Sep 2003

Do you have the mouseware installed? You can switch between USB mouse and PS/2 mouse in that, and also configure the buttons. (I don't know how you're mant to set it without a working mouse though... like a monitor manual in PDF format)

I gave up with the USB Logitech keyboard/mouse as they worked intermittently, not using PS/2 for both of mine.

Had problems initially on XP with the supplied drivers, but a download of Mouseware & drivers from the Logitech website fixed them.

nick_j007 22:01 09 Sep 2003

Thanks for the reply...I nearly missed it.
Yes, mouseware installed, and went to Logitech recently for the latest software.
Ah! yes, I now see the slot where you can choose between USB and PS/2 though.
That should sort it out now, many thanks!

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?