Logitech Cordless Mediaplay Mouse Problems

TicTacToc 11:42 05 Mar 2006

Ok so I have this mouse and I like it very much when its working.

However every time I turn the computer on and off it does not work again. I have to get my old mouse to log into windows with.

The wireless receiver is plugged before botting the computer. I use the logitech 'connect' function that is installed from the disc and it says 'please plug in the wireless receiver'. It is of course already plugged in, but i then unplug and plug it in another 15 times, and eventually it will work. When I finally get connected the mosue works perfectly. How do I solve this problem?

Thanks

Mikè 12:11 05 Mar 2006

Is it plugged into a usb port? try plugging it into the PS/2 connection.

TicTacToc 12:23 05 Mar 2006

I have tried a ps2 connection with no real difference. ..

Marsh Warden © ™ 15:28 05 Mar 2006

Sound like a duff receiver or mouse. Is it connected via a hub or via a single USB port, if it's a hub try connecting to a single port as any other devices connected to the hub may be drawing down to much power, especially if it's not a self powered hub.

TicTacToc 20:37 07 Mar 2006

thanks for the info Marsh Warden but I am still having trouble.

Yesterday I turned on my computer and the mouse was working fine. . .

A restart does not stop the mouse working but turning it on and off does stop the mouse working (sometimes).

Originally I had it plugged into my monitor (Dell 2005fpw) and that took lots of retries to get it to work, but when I put it into my usb slots on my case it worked fine. However a restart soon proved me again .. .

I dont want to have to send it back or anything.

Any help agin
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?