logitech cam and msn messenger problem

gumtree 02:46 04 Dec 2005

Hi, I'm having problems using my microphone on my Logitech 8.0 cam and msn messenger. I have gone through the setup procedure and set the recording device as camera and playback as ESS Audiodrive. But when i test the hardware, even though it seems to record, when I playback i get a loud screeching noise.
When I record a video through Logitech software it all works fine. And I can receive voice messages from other people using msn messenger.

i would appreciate any info anyone has.
thanks

johnnyrocker 10:28 04 Dec 2005

msn messenger is very flaky on voice i use yahoo for voice and msn for vision works a treat.

johnny.

DieSse 11:27 04 Dec 2005

I never have problems of any kind with voice or vision with MSN Messenger - and I use it frequently.

Is the microphone incorporated in the camera, or a seperate headset? ow is it connected to the PC - via USB or via the soundcard?

gumtree 09:26 05 Dec 2005

well im not sure how i did it but it seems to be working but badly. i am using the mike from the cam as the pc/monitor one i think is worse. Its connected by USB. I downloaded the cam driver again which may have made it work, i dont know.
But its not clear at either end.
Is it better to use a separate mike with msn voice? (and not use the cam or pc mikes). I have thought of combining yahoo and msn but havent got around to that.

DieSse 09:34 05 Dec 2005

A headset (earphones + mic) produces the best results. You can get very inexpensive ones, or for better quality a comfort I use a Logitech US one.

As a bonus it's good enough to listen to music in good quality, without disturbing anyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?