Login Websites

the3musketeers 22:53 05 Apr 2006

Hello all, I am just wondering how login sites are created-you know, Amazon and Ebay-where you have your own account. I was wanting to know how they can be created-and if they can be done visually (like in Frontpage-thats what I'm using at the moment) with very little or no input from me in the code area (I'm only just learning HTML). Thanks in advance for your help.

jgosden 15:12 06 Apr 2006

Well they all use different scripting languages however probably the easiest to do this is in is using PHP / MySQL.

The best system i've found is called oscommerce which is a free script. If you have a host with cpanel / fanstasico [like mine click here] you can install it automatically else as long as you have PHP /MySQL support

Your very welcome to have a look at the copy I installled if its of interest.

click here
click here -- user: Jon pass: 1234

I'm not sure whether you mean just how would they do it or are looking into making an online shop but this is certainly a good start. Other things to consider are SSL certificates (secure connection for credit card) .. you could start just using paypal :-) Good Luck and sorry if this wasn't really what you meant.!

the3musketeers 16:16 06 Apr 2006

Thanks, this was alot of help, if anyone would like to go deeper in an explanation, it would be appreciated. No, I am not setting up an online business but I am going to neeed to be able to offer accounts for certain people who use my site-mainly to identify them and make sure the certain services there using are for them. Thankyou again.

Forum Editor 08:49 08 Apr 2006

is to use .htaccess

click here to find out how.

the3musketeers 08:50 08 Apr 2006

Thanks

jgosden 19:20 09 Apr 2006

Unless your wanting to learn coding then i agree with FE thats your best bet. There are many alternatives that you can do something in PHP etc .

Although with this you don't have your own account but it does allow you to make sure that not anyone can see it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone