Logging in to PC Advisor

Bingalau 06:33 16 Jun 2008

I switched my computer on this morning and found that I was still logged in to this site from yesterday. This has happened before but not very often. I'm just curious as to why it should happen. It would save me a few seconds logging on every morning if I could set it that way.

Technotiger 06:41 16 Jun 2008

In your Profile you have the option to tick a box for the site to 'remember' you or keep you logged in, I can't remember the exact wording as it was so long since I did mine. Click on My Profile at the top-right and you will have the option to edit your profile to set it as you wish.

birdface 10:24 16 Jun 2008

When you shut your computer down.Did you use Stand By or Hibernate bye mistake.

spuds 11:55 16 Jun 2008

Sometimes I forget to log off, before final shut-down, and no login is required next time. Perhaps this could be the answer!.

jack 11:59 16 Jun 2008

Most of the sites I visit that require 'Logon' have within the site set up - 'Automatically log on each visit'box to tick

In addition your Browser IE/FireFox/whatever] will have- when first sign onto a site 'Do you want to remember this password?'

What can upset it?
A Clean up [CCleaner for example] and removal of cookies is one.
Any other scanning of your A/V- Firewall is another.

Rob_08 12:01 16 Jun 2008

I always auto log in. Saves hassle.

anchor 13:26 16 Jun 2008

I never log-out, and am automatically logged in whenever I go to the PCA forum site.

I assume that my CounterSpy has removed extraneous cookies, (it`s set to do so), after my late afternoon scan.

Bingalau 14:02 16 Jun 2008

Thanks for the replies everybody. I checked the My Profile bit and I am ticked to be automatically logged in. But it is not happening that way except every now and again... Not to worry because it's no bother really, I was just curious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?