Log Off & Turn Off Computer Not Working Well.

Alan L 15:45 01 Mar 2008

Hello and good afternoon.For reasons which are beyond me,neither my 'log off' or 'turn off computer' appear to be working very well. Although the first click on either starts the shutdown procedure, it can take several further clicks to actually make it happen. On some occasions, its taken around 3/4 minutes to finally close down or I've had to turn it off manually the latter of which I loathe.

I've ran all my up-to-date security software i.e.Ad-Aware,McAfee,PC Tools,Spybot and there is nothing to inhibit the closure.The computer is otherwise working well.I have Windows XP Home SP2 and my computer is three years old.

Any suggestions and recommendations as to what the cause might be and how to cure it would be most welcomed. Thank you very much for your kind help.

wee eddie 18:31 01 Mar 2008

Mine usually takes a couple of minutes closing down, I've not bothered to time it lately, seems to depend on the number of programs that I have used during the preceding session.

Have you Defragged lately?

Coffee Adict 20:45 01 Mar 2008

I notice my takes longer if I've been using graphics software intensely, I assume its clearing out all the cache memory, have a habit of copying things to clipboard and forgetting, don't think that helps either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?