quiblum 15:29 24 Jul 2006

I use Firefox as my default browser.
Why can I not log into these forums (I am registered) through Firefox.

When I received the "activation" e-mail from this site I clicked and was directed back here via Internet Explorer despite Firefox being my default browser and now I can only log in by using Internet Explorer.

Please tell me how to log in via Firfox.

VoG II 15:35 24 Jul 2006

Go to click here

Click your user name, on the left near the top of the page, tick Keep me logged in on this computer (unless I log out).

quiblum 15:40 24 Jul 2006

Thank you VoG, for your very quick response.

The problem is that when using Firefox, my user name etc does not appear in the top left hand panel, where it does in IE.
Even if I type in the required detail into that are, I cannot log in.

If this is yet another site where Firefox is not supported, then it's goodbye from me before I have even got started.

VoG II 15:46 24 Jul 2006

I access this site using Firefox as do many others. It must be something in your Firefox settings.

skidzy 16:00 24 Jul 2006

This site is supported by Firefox quiblum,i have no trouble and know that many members have switched to FF simply for the tab functions and more.

In Firefox:

Try going to Tools/Options/Privacy/saved forms..tick this box.

And:

Tools/Options/Content/Enable Javescript and Java and ok.

Not sure if this will work but worth a try.

Also under the general,untick make Firefox default browser...see if this makes a difference.

Also under Privacy ..save cookies for originating site only may be worth a go.

Hope this helps quiblum

Smiler 16:07 24 Jul 2006

I use both Firefox & IE no problem with this site

mammak 16:20 24 Jul 2006

logged in with firefox no problems here?

spuds 19:15 24 Jul 2006

Like others have mentioned. I use both IE and Firebox, and never had a problem signing in. Must be something to do with your set-up!.

woodchip 19:18 24 Jul 2006

When you log in you have to choose let Firefox save password. you may have said no at some time

Jak_1 20:32 24 Jul 2006

Have no problems using ie or firefox.

quiblum 14:42 25 Apr 2007

Well, it is about a year now when I posted as above and described my log-in problems, which problems never really resolved themselves, until now !!
What happened ?.........I changed to Opera as browser, and now I wonder why I did not do so yonks ago.

Anyway, I can now get into this site ok, so will be back to plague the lives out of you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017