Log On screen e-mail message

Daz35 20:55 20 Apr 2004

A strange thing has happened today, every time I go to the users log on screen, it says I have an e-mail message from my hotmail account, which evidently I don't as I keep checking it and there's nothing there. I've re-booted but to no avail. It's not life threatening, but starting to get on my nerves a bit. I use outlook express for my main e-mail and hotmail occasionally and use mail washer for outlook express. It doesn't seem to want to leave, can someone show it the door please!

Daz35 22:09 20 Apr 2004

bump

Valvegrid 22:12 20 Apr 2004

Have you been to the Hotmail web site and made sure you've deleted all the messages from there. I've had some funnies on Hotmail, it's a strange system at times.

Daz35 22:23 20 Apr 2004

Yes I have. There was nothing there at all. The only slightly strange thing about the message on the log on screen was that it had (1)after my hotmail account address, as if to say I had more than one account, which I don't.

Daz35 23:28 20 Apr 2004

but this is really annoying me now....
I've looked everywhere without success, c'mon good computer people put me out of my misery before I go to bed and think about it for 2 hours!

Daz35 11:11 21 Apr 2004

bump

JustinJSY 21:04 26 Nov 2004

I too am experiencing your problem. It also relates to my hotmail account. Please could you let me know how you resolved it. Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?