log on problem

jarani 23:13 12 Jan 2008

I have a log on problem and would appreciate some comments please

about 2 weeks ago my pc - recent well specified medion XP stopped logging on - symptoms :-

switch on - XP partly loads - blue screen - nothing - turn off manually

switch on - an offer to start in Safe Mode which I accept - XP loads fully in SM - I turn off via Start

switch on again - XP fully loads normally and my pc is OK for use

what is the problem please - jarbie

birdface 23:39 12 Jan 2008

Not the same one as this is it.click here I don't suppose a system restore to a date before you had the problem will help.

jarani 00:06 13 Jan 2008

buteman - thank you - I tried system restore several times but that was no help - jarbie

ilu 00:26 13 Jan 2008

ihaving a problem while i am adding my sytem to adhoc network connection ,i bought new laptop with windows vista and all other computer are windows xp i want know how to solve this problem

jarani 00:37 16 Jan 2008

added discovery - further details : -

by chance I logged on and nothing happened as before for 45 minutes ( I left the room to do something else ) - then the windows suddenly came to life without having to go through the safe mode motion

it took 45 minutes for the windows to load - why ? and what can I do about it please - jarani

birdface 09:47 16 Jan 2008

Maybe contact Medion.I have heard that they are very good at sorting out problems.Worth a try.click here

birdface 09:54 16 Jan 2008

If under 1 year old it still has warranty.So I would imagine Medion would be obliged to fix it free of charge.I am sure someone will come up with the Phone number for you as there are quite a few on here that have Medion computers and have had no bother contacting them.

jarani 11:09 16 Jan 2008

buteman - many thanks - will have a go - ja

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?