Log on

Newuser2533 22:57 04 Jul 2006

My daughter is a teacher and is supplied with a lap top. She does all her downloads from the School where she works, however, whilst at home she wanted to download from the net onto the lap top but had to wait until she returned to School the following day. Is there any way aroun this. The School is on AOL and my daughter is on Bt Yahoo at home.
Regards.
Ron

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:24 04 Jul 2006

Set up notes click here

Internet explorer - Tools -internet options - connections tab -Add- follow the prompts

Forum Editor 23:32 04 Jul 2006

that your daughter connects remotely to the school network, is that the case? If it is, she'll probably be going through a VPN (Virtual Private Network) that has restrictions as far as internet access is concerned.

Many companies and institutions run such solutions on their remote access servers - it's done so the company/institution can manage the way its remote users use the internet.It's possible to allocate bandwidth allowances to each remote user, so nobody can go downloading music or films via the company's server - not that I'm suggesting your daughter wants to do that.

Newuser2533 00:01 05 Jul 2006

Thanks for the help.
Regards.
Ron

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?