locking layer in CS2

[email protected] 23:50 24 Jul 2006

hi guys, i produce flyers for a dj friend, these involve images and multiple txt layers. with PS7 i could construct and possition the text then lock the layers together allowing me to d & d the intricate stuff on to a background layer.
so ive got the txt composed i need to drag them to the bg layer, how the hell dio i drag them as a lump.
the little chain / lock symbol isnt highlighted and when i hover i get a black circle with a line through it. layers are composed on a transparent in RGB/8 mode.....HELP

fazer 13:17 25 Jul 2006

I'm not 100% certain what you mean - why can't you "flatten" the text layers then drag that image onto your background copy (after "cascading" them both)?

[email protected] 20:11 25 Jul 2006

i still need them editable once on the bg - see wot you mean flattening to create a block.... cascading????new to CS2

fazer 12:46 26 Jul 2006

Mole-Inc

I'm still learning Photoshop and I think the term "cascade" is mine - I meant tiling the images on the main part of the screen whilst all images are visible. Sorry.

I can only suggest another workaround - could you not save the text layers as a PSD file (layers intact) then drag and drop it onto the background - meaning all layers will then remain distinct from each other and thus editable.

fazer 13:54 28 Jul 2006

Another work around is keep all the layers including the background layer in the one place and then click over the litte "eye" symbol to hide whatever layer you want.

[email protected] 12:37 31 Jul 2006

cheers fazer, been away from pc, ill give it a go. thnks

[email protected] 10:45 20 Aug 2006

yep, got it done, see the flyer at click here. cheers fazer, appologies for the delay

cycoze 14:18 20 Aug 2006

If you left click to highlight a text layer then hold down the CTRL key while left clicking on the other text layers they will all be highlighted, right click on one of the and you will have the option to link the layers, once linked you can drag and drop them onto another open file.

Once on the other file resize them to what you want, remember to hold down the Shift key while dragging a corner with the move tool, this will keep the layers aspect ratio correct.

Just had a look at your link, hope you dont mind me saying but the fp-logo4 is a whopping 494kb 2441x1624px gif, you may want to think about resizing it and coverting it to 8bit RGB to knock the file size down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017