Locked out of wireless router setup

Littleredvix 21:09 12 Oct 2006

I bought a wireless router today (AddOn WBR 9200) and installed it with Ntl 4mb. I went into the setup (not needing any user id or password) with internet explorer so I could change the name of my new wireless connection and the password etc to secure it. But having changed the password it then asked me to log in again with user id and password. But not knowing the user id I didn't know what to do. I tried various combinations. Blank user id with the new password I had created, blank both, the Ntl username etc. But I can't get back in! I don't know what to do or what helpline to call. There was no helpline number in the wireless router box.

Please if you could give me any advice at all it would be much appreciated. I can still access my internet, it's just unsecure and I don't feel safe doing internet banking or anything like that when any of my neighbours can hack into it. Thankyou for your time reading this. x

daisy2bell 21:19 12 Oct 2006

With netgear the user ID is "admin"
and the password is "password"

Give that a try.
Otherwise reset the router (there should be a switch or very small recessed button.
Hope this helps

Ashrich 22:09 12 Oct 2006

Do a hardware reset as suggested above ( should be a small hole which you can poke in the tip of a pencil or paperclip ) then login again , see , if you can what firmware release it is ( date ) if it is earlier than 28/02/06 then download the latest one click here# on the right hand side of the page , when clicking there you can also download the qucik install guide and the full manual , then run the update , it might solve your problem . Also , when getting the blank login page try making a user name and password there and then , you can always do another reset if it doesn't like it .

Ashley

Littleredvix 08:59 13 Oct 2006

Thankyou daisy2bell! I typed in admin for user id and it worked so no need to reset.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone