Locked out by my own router

Bruz 22:09 30 Aug 2008

Last week it was the router not working, this week while trying to stop freeloader's from using my friends wireless connection I put a pass phrase on.
I wrote down the phrase and then entered it.
They certainly cannot get on line now but zoom does not recognise the pass phrase I have entered so I cannot get on line either using the laptop. Can anyone tell me the Vista registry keys I need to alter or remove in order to return zoom back to having no pass phrase. Or tell me how to restore the connection to it's original state.
Can anyone shed any light on this.
Cheers Bruz

woodchip 22:14 30 Aug 2008

reset the Router using a Paper clip in the hole at the back. You will then have to reset ISP and user plus Password to be able to connect. Do not forget to Reboot Router after the above

Bruz 22:20 30 Aug 2008

Thanks for that, I will give a go tomorrow.
I am 12 miles away fron the router until then.
Thanks again.
Bruz

Bruz 21:41 31 Aug 2008

For reasons unknown the paper clip reset didn't work for me, come to think of it nothing much does work for me.
I used the installation cd and loaded the documentation file, on page 92 was the software way of resetting to factory settings.
You login to the modem click on advanced settings and at the bottom of the screen there is a Reset to Factory settings bitton, click that and tick the box reboot the computer.
I was then back to where I had been weeks ago.
Thanks again for your help.
Cheers Bruz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?