Locked out of my computer

jessej 11:27 15 Feb 2007

I have recently done a reinstall of XP Home and everything was working fine, until I switched on this morning. I had the box come on the screen to logon to Windows, swiftly followed by another one called Log on message. The message was 'Unable to log you on because of an account restriction'.
Right or wrong, I then tried to boot from the CD and got a blue screen with the message 'A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. BAD_POOL_CALLER Technical information: STOP: 0x000000C2, (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x00340045, 0xE146838C)
Can anybody help me please?
Please reply to [email protected]

VoG II 11:38 15 Feb 2007

Can you get in using Safe Mode? click here

Kate B 11:38 15 Feb 2007

Not a good idea to put your email address up; plus the idea of the forum is that we help each other solve problems openly so that others can benefit from the solution.

jessej 14:46 15 Feb 2007

Thank you for your replies.
VoG: I can get into Windows Advanced Options Menu, click on Safe Mode and up comes the message >Windows XP set up cannot run under Safe Mode. Set up will restart now< It then asks for the Windows XP CD. Put the CD in then up comes the blue screen as in my post.

KateB: Thank you for reminding me, but as my computer is down I could not think of a better way to be contacted with replies. I should, of course, left it and done as I have just done, and come back to the board to check.

recap 14:55 15 Feb 2007

Searching for the "BAD_POOL_CALLER STOP: 0x000000C2," part of your error message I came across this:click here it may be relevant?

jessej 16:01 15 Feb 2007

Thank you for trying recap. I don't have a Raid Video Adaptor, all I have is a VIA/S3G Display Adaptor. Not the same kind of thing I think, and the driver for it is bang up to date.

SANTOS7 16:47 15 Feb 2007

Stop 0x000000C2 or BAD_POOL_CALLER - This message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. The message is typically due to a faulty driver.

I would look at your VGA card first..

jessej 17:03 15 Feb 2007

Thank you Santos.
I haven't got a VGA card,and I can't look at drivers as I can't get into Windows to do anything, not even in Safe Mode.

Kate B 17:06 15 Feb 2007

Can you do a repair? Boot from your XP CD and follow the instructions.

rawprawn 17:14 15 Feb 2007

Kate B I don't think he can boot from the CD, he gets a blue screen.

jessej Can you get to a command prompt and run sfc /scannow?

Gongoozler 17:20 15 Feb 2007

I did a quick Google search of your BAD_POOL_CALLER error, and the first reference I found suggested that this could be a faulty memory problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?