locked homepage

darksky 22:39 20 Jul 2006

I can't change my home page?
I don't think Spybot is the culprit!
can anyone help?

VoG II 22:42 20 Jul 2006
  De Marcus™ 22:44 20 Jul 2006

If this is a fresh install of your OS, follow the advice given in VoG™'s link.

Hopefully ZA will rectify this soon.

Diversion 23:12 20 Jul 2006

I use ZA I managed to change mine by clicking on control panel, internet options and on the temporary internet files section I deleted the files and the cookies. Then pressed use default in the home page section, and it came up with msn as my default home page. I just deleted everything and put in my own home page which is click here>yahoo.com and pressed apply and it as been my home page for a while now because my server homepage just advertise their product. I hope this helps.

Diversion 23:25 20 Jul 2006
  Drifter 23:43 20 Jul 2006

I too did a new install of XP on my girlfriends PC,went to set up home page to Google and couldn't. Of course, I'd loaded ZA's latest issue(for XP only), adaware and spybot, before going online. Took ages (4 Hours!!!)to find out it was ZA blocking the changes. Removed ZA and installed the last version she had been using on win98, Hey Presto, no more problems.
Drifter

darksky 23:11 22 Jul 2006

Thanks a lot everyone, home page now as I wanted it.
Still not entirely sure which action solved the problem, I tried everything suggested and suddenly it cooperated and let me change. Thanks again -- Bye xx

tlionhart 23:56 22 Jul 2006

Sometimes in situations like this-when having problems deleting stuff from the online web folder, use an FTP program and select an option for 'display hidden folders/files' ...it may resolve the situation. Does especially if you can't delete a folder and its empty! O_o

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone