lock one file

steve263000 11:40 23 May 2005

I share a computer with my son, and as a rule we have no problems with it. We have not bothered to set up seperate users, as we tend to use it for differing things. Me for the office stuff and my collection of digital photos, and web creation. He mainly gaming, and DVD's etc.

Now and again, i would like to lock off just one file or folder from view. Is there a quick way to lock just one folder or file? I tried passwording it, but all I did was start off the seperate users,and I do not want to go that far. Perhaps a small program that could be suggested. I have heard of some, but not the names.

rawprawn 11:49 23 May 2005

click here It's not free but it is good.

TomJerry 11:53 23 May 2005

gudgulf 12:03 23 May 2005

If you want to keep one folder out of sight why not simply "hide" it? If you right click on the folder and tick the "Hidden" box in the folders attributes it will disappear.To look at it again in Explorer go to Tools>Folder Options>View and tick "show hidden files and folders".It's not locked that way but---- out of sight,out of mind!

steve263000 05:42 26 May 2005

Thanks for the advice. I had never seen the file hide bit, so I will give that a go. Steve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?