Lock down me wireless network

mab9 19:27 16 Feb 2006

I have a belkin wireless router running on NTL my laptop is win xp my daughter has a laptop on win xp and want to lock them down I just don't know how to do this can someone tell me how to do this, or is there some software that can do it for me ,if so please help I have spent 2 weeks and just don't under stand how to do it.

keewaa 19:44 16 Feb 2006

If you mean to make the wireless part secure, then all you have to do is enable good WPA security. That is all that is necessary as any other measures don't nearly compare in security terms. A good WPA password generator is here click here

mab9 07:27 17 Feb 2006

Yes but how do you enable WPA security when I do that the wireless won't work how do I enable the router and the PC!!

keewaa 12:26 18 Feb 2006

Log into the router and enable WPA-PSK with TKIP encryption, enter a secure password, long mixture of random letters & numbers and symbols, note it (might be better to make it up in a notepad file and then use copy & paste in router and later on laptops). Then scan for available networks on your laptops and select your network and input the password when asked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?