Location of Printer Driver?

David4637 14:38 30 Sep 2007

I have just installed an updated driver from canon's web page, for my canon s630 ink jet printer (uses USB port) - all went OK. I just want to know where I can view this new version of the driver. Looked at device manager - no clue, refers to USB ports only.
Got XP SP2. Thanks David

€dstowe 14:43 30 Sep 2007

What is it you hope to see if you find this driver?

Diemmess 15:10 30 Sep 2007

The drivers are now deep in the system files of your Windows and are simply strings of code which have no readability to most humans!

If you are looking for details of ink supply and the way to set up to print something, these may not have changed by updating and possibly found in Control panel > Printers > Properties > Utilities.

David4637 11:30 01 Oct 2007

Thanks for your replies, I just wanted to see some indication somewhere that the new driver - s630xp150usZ.exe had been accepted / installed. Any ideas where these resulting files may have ended up. Thanks David

exodus 11:38 01 Oct 2007

Hi, open Device Manager/ locate your printer in the list, right click on it and select Properties. Select the driver tab from the pop up window. You now have access to the driver details. Clicking on the Driver Details box will give the location of the driver.

exo

Sea Urchin 11:41 01 Oct 2007

To see the details of your print driver go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > System Properties > Device Manager. Find your printer in the list and right click and open properties where you will find details of the driver.

Sea Urchin 11:43 01 Oct 2007

Hi exodus - great minds think alike!

David4637 20:22 02 Oct 2007

Sea Urchin etc - followed your suggestion to device manager, but my printer is not listed. Just a number of USB options? Please sort me out? Thanks David

David4637 20:24 02 Oct 2007

PS should have said my printer is NOT connected, does this make a difference. David

Sea Urchin 22:40 02 Oct 2007

Presumably you did have the printer connected when you installed the new driver? But you can certainly check the driver without it being connected. If you expand (click on the plus sign) each of the USB options in Device Manager you will find one is your printer. Right click on that and follow as above.

David4637 13:40 04 Oct 2007

Used Everest to check Printer Driver, it just said Version 150 installed which is the same driver version that was installed a couple of years ago, so I am still trying to identify the date of the driver in XP which I installed 2 days ago - Everest does not show.
The USB options in device manager had no info about the printer or the driver. Any further ideas please? Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?