Locating mouse arrow

Meshuga 21:45 10 Aug 2004

There is a facility for locating the mouse arrow which I enabled before but which I cannot remember now.It consists of pressing Ctrl button which causes a series of circles to move across the screen like radar and surround the spot where the arrow is hidden. Can someone remind me how to enable this please. Many thanks, Meshuga.

Pesala 21:49 10 Aug 2004

Mouse, Pointer Options, Show location of pointer when you press the control key.

Meshuga 22:21 10 Aug 2004

That is what I thought it was but going to control panel, mouse and pointer but cannot find pointer options. Clicking on pointers only gives me a selection of types of pointers. Meshuga.

TTP 22:27 10 Aug 2004

It is definately control panel,mouse,pointer options if you are on XP, because i have it enabled right now.

johnsims 22:37 10 Aug 2004

for "through" read "throw"

Meshuga 22:38 10 Aug 2004

I am on XP and going to control panel , the only button I have for Pointers merely says the one word Pointers and there is no Pointers Options. Cannot understand that. Meshuga.

Meshuga 22:44 10 Aug 2004

If that is the case how is it that I was able to enable it on a previous occasion. I have had the same mouse for ages. I will experiment by putting my PS2 old mouse back in and see if that will allow it to be done. Meshuga.

Meshuga 23:41 10 Aug 2004

just checked my other PC and that one has both Pointers and Pointers Options buttons and has an old type mouse. Tried that mouse in first PC and disconnected Logitech mouse but still cant get Pointers Options button.Meshuga.

Pesala 00:11 11 Aug 2004

Control Panel, System, Device Manager, Mouse, Update driver. Or reinstall the mouse drivers. That's about all I can think of.

hugh-265156 00:19 11 Aug 2004

are you using the logitech drivers? if so it does not have this option. i dont anyway. uninstall them and use windows own driver.

see you other thread on this. also check batteries maybe.

Meshuga 08:18 11 Aug 2004

to all who have replied. Am going on holiday and will try all suggestions when I return. Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?