localhost/joomla mystery

peabody 16:40 09 Jan 2008

I'm working through a Joomla! tutorial locally on a server installed on my PC. The server files are located in c:\www and localhost = c:\www\webroot. I've developed .php pages locally so I know all works OK.

The tutorial example page is addressed via click here and is index.php. The mystery is that within the webroot folder there is no such folder or file and I simply can not locate or view them. If I list the index of
localhost (click here) the index does not list the joomla folder.

Although I can progress the tutorial, I am puzzled as to why I can't find the folder or index.php file. I've tried searching every which way, including hidden files and folders, but it eludes me.

Any ideas please? Thanks!

peabody 17:48 09 Jan 2008

i THINK the folder is at c:\www\webapps\joomla (above c:\www\webroot\ so I don't see how it manages to open the file when you goto localhost\joomla)

peabody 11:29 10 Jan 2008

The URL (localhost/joomla) is defined during installation of Joomla on the webserver and points at the absolute address of the Joomla! installation (I think)

Thanks to Peabody for answering his own question!

mco 12:26 10 Jan 2008

I do that sometimes! Find myself very helpful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?