local area connection/

chrisjohn 13:52 20 Aug 2006

connected to broadband,have a icon of 2xpc in task bar,status connected,but about every 10 mins a balloon comes up saying network cable disconected,then it says local area connected.iv replaced cat5 cable to the router,anything else i should do?

chrisjohn 14:01 20 Aug 2006

also if i click on the icon in taskbar,and do repair it says unable to do repair unable to clear dns cache.

ade.h 15:59 20 Aug 2006

AS I said in your thread in the Helproom, you can use TweakUI to disable balloon notifications.

But you didn't respond to that.

click here

chrisjohn 18:46 20 Aug 2006

refresh

ade.h 20:18 20 Aug 2006

I have already posted a solution here and in your other thread. When you first asked this question, you stated that you do not actually lose the connection despite the warning, therefore the obvious solution is simply to prevent the warnings. If you don't want to use this solution or it hasn't worked, you could at least have the decency to provide feedback to that effect and maybe even a "thanks".

chrisjohn 22:18 20 Aug 2006

i have not had chance to try anything yet,i do have a life away from pc.thanks anyway ade.h

chrisjohn 22:22 20 Aug 2006

i have sorted it i think,i have used another input,on the router ,and it seems ok,thanks to everyone.if problem persists,i will re-post thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?