Loads of problems with viruses

deneka 23:11 16 Jul 2006

I've had lots of probs with my pc recently. So i removed XP and reinstalled it, thinking it would help to start from scratch.
I reloaded AVG and all the other bits and pieces.
I ran a scan yesterday with AVG which came up with some viruses, mainly win32\PEPatch virus
there were 5 altogether don't know whether you need me to list seperately but here goes:
c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
(infected with win32/PEPatch
c:\windows\system32\explore.exe
(may be infected with unknown virus - MPH)
c:\windows\system32\ilfps.exe
(infected with win32/PEPatch)
c:\windows\system32\WINPE.exe
(infected with trojan horse IRC/backdoor/SdBot.FKS)
c:\windows\system32\winamp
(not sure what this one is infected with)

So then I tried looking into removing Win32/PEPatch virus and found a search facility on click here
I did this and was shocked at what it found, I've copied & pasted the following from the report and I really don't know what to do, I'm not very clued up when it comes to technical matters & the bit that worries me is the 'dialler' being on there. I have no idea how it got on there and am worried, I'm going to end up with loads of charges or something. I don't really know how it works, but really could do with some help (in simple terms) of what to do next.
Also is it unsafe to keep using the net while all this is stuff is on there?

(this is from the search)

C:\Installer.exe is infected with Adware.Look2Me
C:\Mendoza1.exe is infected with Trojan.Dropper
C:\warebundle2.exe is infected with Adware.Look2Me
C:\warebundlenew.exe is infected with Adware.Look2Me
C:\temp\MediaGatewayUpdaterV24.exe is infected with Adware.ZangoSearch
C:\temp\Remover.exe is infected with Adware.MediaPass
C:\Program Files\Windows TaskAd\WinProject.dll is infected with Adware.WinTaskAd
C:\Program Files\Windows NT\meded.html is infected with Adware.ZQuest
C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\Ssk.exe is infected with Adware.SurfSideKick
C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\SskBho.dll is infected with Adware.SurfSideKick
C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\SskCore.dll is infected with Adware.SurfSideKick
C:\Program Files\Messenger\pogogutar.html is infected with Adware.ZQuest
C:\Program Files\Common Files\svchostsys\svchostupdate.exe is infected with Downloader.Trojan
C:\Program Files\Common Files\iwoi\iwoid\iwoic.dll is infected with Adware.TargetSaver
C:\Program Files\Block Checker\setup_finish.exe is infected with Adware.BlockChecker
C:\Documents and Settings\sarah deneka.N-GCY8F36P0C3T0\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\2JWBCHM7\bridge-c15[1].cab is infected with Adware.180Solutions
C:\Documents and Settings\Sarah Deneka\Local Settings\Temp\cmdinst.exe is infected with Spyware.ISearch
C:\Documents and Settings\Sarah Deneka\Local Settings\Temp\temp.fr3BE6 is infected with Spyware.ISearch
C:\Documents and Settings\Sarah Deneka\Local Settings\Temp\temp.fr7835 is infected with Adware.Look2Me
C:\Documents and Settings\Sarah Deneka\Local Settings\Temp\temp.frD999 is infected with Adware.Look2Me
C:\Documents and Settings\Sarah Deneka\Local Settings\Temp\temp.frDE2C is infected with Adware.Look2Me
C:\Documents and Settings\Sarah Deneka\Local Settings\Temp\temp.fr9D0A\netmon.exe is infected with Spyware.ISearch
C:\Documents and Settings\sarah\Local Settings\Temp\delwbi.tmp is infected with Dialer.Adultchat

Kev.Ifty 23:17 16 Jul 2006

To start with Download this and delete all it finds..

click here

deneka 23:21 16 Jul 2006

Thankyou, I'm just d/l that now.
When AVG found some stuff, it gave me options to remove to vault etc, when I clicked remove to vault it came up with a warning saying that it was system files or something and could basically make it worse, so i wasn't sure what to do.
So I should delete everything this d/l finds?

skidzy 23:31 16 Jul 2006

After running Ewido i would recommend going click here (Panda online scanner)

Also make sure you empty your recycle bin,turn off system restore/ reboot / turn on system restore

You will lose any restore points.

If all advice fails you,this would be your best route

Download Hijack this click here and post the log click here

skidzy 23:38 16 Jul 2006

This will help also... click here=

Good luck

skidzy 23:40 16 Jul 2006

click here hopfully this will take you to the correct link,if not follow the link and click on How to clean an infected computer.

But i still say your best bet is follow the Hijackthis route.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?