loading xp onto formated H/D/D

bobbybluenose 19:18 31 Jul 2009

I have being given 30 desks tops from work and would like to put xp pro on a few machines,they have all being formatted so i would like to know do i have to go into the bois and if so what do i press,plz bbn

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:24 31 Jul 2009

HAve you considered the licenses for all these machines?

I.E. do you have 30 copies of XP pro?

bobbybluenose 19:27 31 Jul 2009

hi Fruit bat i m not doing all 30 machines, giving most of them away on freecycle,i am doing tree machines and yes i have three windows disks,

woodchip 19:34 31 Jul 2009

You still cannot use the OS on more than one computer. But you could load a Free Linux and Software all in one go, on all of them

Take your Pic I suggest you try one click here They will run from CD so you can try before you load

bobbybluenose 19:43 31 Jul 2009

woodchip i have three o/s disc's only doing three machine, iam aware of the laws regarding i disk to each nachine.

lotvic 19:50 31 Jul 2009

tutorials with step by step screenshots click here

bobbybluenose 19:53 31 Jul 2009

thanks all sorted it first one on its way cheers bbn

Strawballs 22:37 31 Jul 2009

If they are from work and they came pre-loaded with xp pro oem that the company then put a corperate version on there is no reason why you can't use the product keys that should still be on the machines and borrow an OEM copy of XP Pro to put back on all of them using the original keys.

I did this for a friend who was given an old company laptop which had win2000 put on it but on close inspection it still had the original manufacturers OEM sticker for XP Pro which worked fine when used with my OEM copy of XP Pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?