loading web page

mern 14:42 13 Feb 2006

I can load a particular web page i.e. click here in internet explorer,but not in Mozilla firefox since upgrading to the latest version. All other sites seem to come up without a problem. Any clues as to what I might have erroneously clicked.

beynac 14:49 13 Feb 2006

I can get it in IE6 but not in Firefox or Opera. I don't think that it's anything you've done.

rmcqua 15:04 13 Feb 2006

No, it won't open for me in Firefox, either.

octal 17:51 13 Feb 2006

That's odd, I can't open it in Firefox or Opera, but I can open it in XFM and Konqueror.

Maybe someone should email them and tell them they have a problem, they will loose custom if their site can't be opened in anything apart from IE.

Thinking about it I might do it myself.

octal 18:35 13 Feb 2006

I have emailed them.

I did this to an airline site that wouldn't open in other browsers apart from IE it came back with a message telling me I had to use IE.
I emailed them explaining I felt discriminated against because I wanted to use the browser of my choice.

they acknowledge me with a very nice email apologising, telling me they would look into it and within a couple of days I could access the site in any of my browsers.

Of course it probably a coincidence because they planned on upgrading the site anyway, but you never know.

octal 21:18 21 Feb 2006

I've just received an email from them:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting Customer Services.

Our sites have been tested to work on the following browsers: Internet Explorer - 5.5, 6.0 & 7.0, IE 5.0, Netscape 6.1 or above & AOL 8. We are working to get other browsers compatible.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused.

To make a booking please contact our call centre on 0870 165 0079 and one of our experienced consultants will be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards

Holly Selickis

Customer Services – Web

Thomson Holidays

TUI-UK
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So now we know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017