up loading photos

ordep 15:56 15 Jan 2010

I'd like to upload photos from my camera directly to the picture library in W7.
At he moment there not going there, simply appearing on screen in a series of numbers and tiny pictures.
Hope that makes sense.

mgmcc 16:30 15 Jan 2010

Photos are .jpg files so, depending how the folder is set to display its contents, they could just be a series of numbers (the file names of the photos) and tiny pictures (icons).

The "view" options for a folder in Windows 7 are:

- Extra large icons
- Large icons
- Medium icons
- Small icons
- List
- Details
- Tiles

Try changing to "Large icons", which will display a little version of each picture.

ordep 16:44 15 Jan 2010

Thanks for your response mgmcc.
I'm now displaying the pictures ok but, there not opening in picture library as yet.

mgmcc 16:49 15 Jan 2010

If, for whatever reason, they are in the wrong folder, you should be able to select them all and then "drag & drop" them into the "Libraries > Pictures" folder.

...if I've understood correctly.

john bunyan 16:49 15 Jan 2010

Have you created a folder for them? Suggest you create a folder such as "Imported photos" , then copy and paste. I find it easier to take out the SD card and import photos using a card reader. I kept the XP file system even in W7 - ie I have "My Documents" with sub folders such as "My Photos" . Then I "tell" the W7 library where they are (In my case on a seperate , data, partition. I do not keep them in the default library - I use it as an index.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017