Load OEM Photoshop onto new PC without serial No

Trikie 21:06 31 Oct 2005

Now defunct PC came with Photoshop Elements loaded. I have the installation CD but can't put it on the replacement PC as I don't know the serial number. Is there a way round this?

farnz 21:08 31 Oct 2005

If you browse the cd contents it should list the serial number in there somewhere.

Trikie 21:32 31 Oct 2005

Thanks Farnz. I've looked at every file that I can open on the installation CD but the only reference I can find is to "the serial number on the inside cover of the CD holder". However, it came in a totally clear holder.

The old PC was early 2002 vintage so this version of Elements must be the same era. Are there any free downloads available anywhere now? I only want to do very basic work so don't necessarily need the latest version.

I would prefer Photoshop to any of the other photo manipulation programmes.

woodchip 21:35 31 Oct 2005

To find Key open the Program then look in Help file at the top it should tell you Version and Key

Trikie 21:40 31 Oct 2005

woodchip, I can't complete the installation - it stops at the "enter serial number" screen so I can't get as far as the Help filke.

woodchip 21:52 31 Oct 2005

You can only get it if you have the old computer with Program loaded. If it's Gone it's Gone

Trikie 22:10 31 Oct 2005

Thats it then - its gone. Only hope now is for a freebie download if possible.

Thanks for the advice - at least I know the situation.

timothyt 22:15 31 Oct 2005

these types of serial numbers are usually written in tiny print on the cd itself......

Trikie 23:02 31 Oct 2005

Fellsider - thanks for your problem solving e-mail.

PaulB2005 23:26 31 Oct 2005

Care to share?

Fellsider 11:16 03 Nov 2005

I had an unused, and never been used, copy of P.E. which came with some hardware I bought.

I passed Trikie the serial number and it got his running.

I know, I know, there are some purists out there who will say you shouldn't do that. I could just as easily have asked him for his address and sent him the CD too - which would have been quite OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?