Lloyds TSB Customers - phishing

Sir Radfordin 13:05 29 Nov 2004

Been sent an email that links to:

www. lloyds-tsb. org/online_banking/Personal_Banking . php

Which was still live when I posted this A very 'real' looking site which is of course nothing to do with Lloyds TSB.

The advice as ever is to never give your details to anyone. The bank will never ask for all the letters of your memorable phrase.

anchor 13:43 29 Nov 2004

The best advice is to contact your bank direct by phone if you ever receive an e-mail purporting to come from the bank.

NEVER reply or reveal any personal information via such a web site. Phishing has been going for a quite a time for various banks and building societies.

Stuartli 15:23 29 Nov 2004

I got the "SunTrust" one this morning (I'm not a customer) warning about an Internet Explorer security alert and to click on a link....:-)

I do get e-mails from the Halifax but I'm well aware which is a genuine one.

Sir Radfordin 15:37 29 Nov 2004

This one seems to have been taken down now, though I'm sure they'll be back soon.

961 15:52 29 Nov 2004

..much advice is given about not clicking on links in e-mails of this sort or, indeed, any e-mail links

I wouldn't fall for that, would I?

Well 10 minutes later I did just that when reading an e-mail from a genuine internet merchant that I deal with

How long before the scammers get round to these sort of e-mails? We all get them, and I guess most of us use the links embedded within them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017