livebox wireless

ocean1234 18:47 24 Nov 2008

I am unable to connect to the internet wirelessly using an orange livebox I have used the sync function and put in the wep key the software does recognise the wifi adaptor but just wont connect I am still able to connect using the Ethernet cable i have even changed the frequency

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:58 24 Nov 2008

IF the Livebox is switched off or powered down then it resets to it factory settings.

If you can connect to the livebox BUT NOT get any web pages to open you need to change the security setting in the live box.

To change the setting

1. Connect to the live box with an ethernet cable.

2. click here or type http:// configuration.adsl/ (without the space) in your browser address line.

3. you will now be connected to the livebox click on "Access to the configuration pages (access to these pages is restricted, you must have the password)."

4. Input the username and password (admin for both if you have not changed it)

5. Click Configuration - Advanced - Wireless

6. You will see that it is set to WPA or WEP security click and set to WPA security only

7. Click submit and wait for the livebox to reset itself.

8. Disconnect the ethernet cable and you now should be able to connect by wireless

MAJ 19:00 24 Nov 2008

I have found, on the few Orange installations that I have done, the Livebox is a puke. Are you using a laptop or desktop? Which OS?

laurie53 19:42 24 Nov 2008

Sorry to state the obvious, but you have made sure the box is in "pairing " mode?

Zak 19:58 24 Nov 2008

Further to Fruit Bat /\0/\ posting above.

From Orange FAQs

click here

Remember: Doing this will bring the Livebox back to it's factory default settings. Any reconfigurations you've made to the Livebox (including username and password, wireless and firewall configurations) will be LOST!

Pull the power lead out of the livebox (leaving it still plugged into the wall socket)
Hold down the 1 button on the back of the Livebox
Plug the power lead back into the Livebox
Keep holding the 1 button for 10 seconds after you have plugged the power lead back in, and then let go.
Give the Livebox about 2 minutes to reboot itself.

Link above also shows diagram highlighting the "1 button".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017