LIVEBOX HASN'T ALWAYS GOT A CONNECTION

another taximan 17:46 14 Jul 2007

Is there anyone who can help me.
I can only get a connection on orange broadband when im on the housephone. 9 times i have phoned orange and they say ive connected it up ok,they say my line is ok,filters ok and gone through setting it up,resetting it and some times i cant even get a connection at all.

laurie53 20:31 14 Jul 2007

Had this last month for a few weeks.

Simply tried substituting various bits.

Last bit was the phone line extension lead between phone socket and Livebox, a week ago.

So far so good.

Might be worth a try if you've got a spare.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:23 14 Jul 2007

Have you got wireless om your PC?

set up the wireless connection
and then

Plug the livebox (via its filter) into the master telephone socket.

can you now get a connection via wireless?

malcolme 23:06 14 Jul 2007

I had this problem with one of my customers, called BT who came out to check the box on the outside of the house, found no problem. The engineer said thare was a problem somewhere in the street, they found it and the internet worked fine after.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:06 20 Jul 2007

in the box at the bottom of the page and do not e-mail, everyone can then see your reply and offer help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes i already have a wireless connection on my laptop and it works fine but during the day i have to use the house phone then connect to the internet which wont always connect. On a night i seem to get a connection a lot better but still have to use the house phone to connect sometimes.This is the same on wired or wireless.

HAve you checked the wireing to any extensions and are ALL phones sky box etc, filtered?

laurie53 19:58 20 Jul 2007

Including your Community Alarm if you have one.

Just for future reference, that's the one that caught me out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?