Livebox connection problem!

Flak999 18:57 08 Mar 2007

Hi, I have a bit of a strange problem here. I have set up my Orange livebox using the manual installation method, and have a nice fast internet connection 6134 down 384 up.

When I switch on the livebox and boot the computer I have an internet connection instantly and can browse normally. However if I leave the connection idle for between half an hour to an hour (using Photoshop or Office 2003 for example)the next time I attempt to download my email or open a browser session I cannot connect!

I should explain I am connected via ethernet cable, not wirelessly, I do not use the wireless facility. My Livebox has been updated to the latest firmware version and according to the LAN indicator on the taskbar I am connected at 100.0 Mbps. When I open network connections and view the status of my connection it also reports me as connected and no problems found.

I have opened a command prompt and tried to ping the BBC website to no avail, If I then "repair" the connection in network connections my internet access returns briefly but then fails again.

My only solution is to reboot the computer but not the livebox and all is well again.

Has anybody any idea what the problem is? Because I'm stumped!

STREETWORK 17:24 09 Mar 2007

Leave the livebox on and just turn off the PC. Switching it off and then on again will reset it and this causes problems...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?