Live Vidio on web page

woody 10:46 02 Jun 2003

Is there a cheap/free way to get live pic on a web page?
I have BB/Web space .
My web cam works when i use my comp as a server but would like to put it on a web page.

Forum Editor 21:22 02 Jun 2003

unless you provide a bit more information.

When you say 'live pic' what exactly do you mean? If you want to feed a webcam to a site you can do so fairly easily, but who is going to be seeing the output? If you have a lot of people accessing the site at any one time you'll need some healthy bandwidth from your web host, and that could cost a packet.

"I have BB/Web space" - what does that mean exactly? You may have a broadband connection on your computer - the one running the webcam - but that doesn't mean anything as far as the web space is concerned. That's just space on a server.

Perhaps you could fill in the gaps - tell us precisely what you are planning to do, and we'll take it further.

woody 22:09 02 Jun 2003

You will gather i know little about getting my web-cam images onto my web page.

I have broad band.needed for the large transfer of image/s -video to my site.

I also have a web site of a few MB.

I presume if my video is kept under that fig - just like i have to do with still images - it will be ok.

What i would like to do is view the pic from the web-cam from any computer.

It will only be viewed by two sites/people at a time .

I know how to upload a still image to the web site/page but not live pics . How do i transfer video as it happens?

Some security systems do the same thing.

Thanks for any help.

Forum Editor 22:58 02 Jun 2003

You'll need some software to run the camera feed to your website, and there are a lot of free downloads available.

click here to see one of them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone