live mail & photos

highside 16:21 05 Feb 2010

I have Win 7 and for my sins use Live Mail with it.
Havent emailed a photo for sometime and now find Live Mail contradicts everthing I want to do.
I want to send a low rez picture as an Attachment, I dont want it in the body of the letter, dont want any embelishments or the other things Live offers, just want receiver to click on the paperclip.
Tried sending to myself using "attach" & "insert" menus but it always arrives in the body of the email???
Am I missing the point cant you have anything simple & basic anymore?
Thanks for looking.

Sea Urchin 17:00 05 Feb 2010

Open WLM - go to Tools - Options - Send tab - click on HTML Settings - and uncheck box "Send Pictures with Messages" - click OK

Sea Urchin 17:12 05 Feb 2010

Further to that - this only seems to work if the receiving email program is NOT Windows Live Mail. WLM still seems to produce the picture "inline" as they call it.

eedcam 18:42 05 Feb 2010

Just sent myself a Photo using insert as always .Sent it to my second livemail and it only gives the choice to save it ie no photo in the message body

highside 19:21 05 Feb 2010

Thankss both, experiments continue will try sending to my Hotmail.
Sea Urchin Just noticed another scarry thing, live now pushes you towards checking a box which would generate a HIGH RES version for anyone else to open.
A bit worrying if like me you send low res to agencies or publishers etc.

highside 19:23 05 Feb 2010

Thanks both, experiments continue will try sending to my Hotmail.
Sea Urchin Just noticed another scarry thing, live now pushes you towards checking a box which would generate a HIGH RES version for anyone else to open.
A bit worrying if like me you send low res to agencies or publishers etc.

highside 19:25 05 Feb 2010

PS apologies for double post also does anyone using Thunderbird know how it works on this facit?
Think I should have changed long ago.

highside 07:54 06 Feb 2010

eedcam, intiguing what you say as that would seem you have some setting different to most of us. Cant get around this at all. Have searched net including official Windows places and it seems it is the standard now. I know mine used to act like yours.
The body insert is placed when the email is sent as it appears in 'sent folder' as well as received.

highside 09:07 06 Feb 2010

Me again, think I have been missing the point about WLM - if I use photo email, from the New mail wimdow, then a small thumbnail is attached albiet still in the body but not so obtrusive. Receiver can then click to save the image or see High Res version, I take it this means at the original size of the photo when first inserted?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache