little problems with PC

charlton200 10:34 21 Jun 2008

I have a couple of problems with my PC.
Most times when i click off to go in standby it goes to preparing to go in standby mode than freezes. .
The other problem is the mouse keeps freezing. This happens about once or twice a day.

I am not sure what is causing this, my only thought is kapersky security suite.
But this worked OK for 2 weeks before the trouble started.

Thanks.

Technotiger 10:47 21 Jun 2008

What sort of Mouse?

What OS?

Desktop or Laptop?

charlton200 12:58 21 Jun 2008

Desktop
xp
wired mouse (logitech)

woodchip 13:03 21 Jun 2008

Right Click on Desktop Properties\Settings\Advanced Troubleshooting try moving the slider down a notch

Technotiger 13:40 21 Jun 2008

Have you cleaned the mouse lately, assuming it has a ball underneath. Remove the ball and scrape off the hardened gunge that accumulates on the small rollers inside the mouse, a small screwdriver or nail-file is best, make sure the rollers are totally smooth, then replace the ball.

jonmac 12:28 22 Mar 2009

Mesh PC, Win XP SP3 Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse. Zone Alarm, AVG8
Mu mouse has always frozen after a long period of rest but always "woke up" within a second of movement.
Recently, after a hardc disk replacement and fresh install it was working OK but now freezes after exactly 10 secs, awaking to either a left-click or a nudge to the mouse wheel. I have up-to-date drivers and have checked for malware with Malwarebytes. The mouse if fully charged. I tried to restore to an earlier time but only one, for the previous day, was listed and when I tried it said it couldn't go back to it! I see there are more SR points listed now though. Any suggestions anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone