liteon paccket-writing and Direct CD

kadz 19:55 09 Jun 2003

I’ve bought a liteon 52x24x52 cdwriter and it uses InCD for packet-writing.
It only lets my use a CD-RW disk like a floppy not a CDR.

My old adaptec Direct CD let me use CDR disks for packet writing so I installed that.
But now that program says that drive doesn’t do packet wiring even though I know it does.

Anyone got any ideas or workrounds?

Nothing to do with the fact that this new liteon has something called “Mount Rainer” is it?

Know any software like Direct CD that’ll let me packet-write on CDRs and also read
CDs I’ve created using Direct CD?

thanks

Mysticnas 20:10 09 Jun 2003

I followed the same route as you, i used adaptec then shifted to Nero when i got my Liteonit.

It was a little confusing at first, a bit like that werthers advert, the one with having trouble with taking off the shiny gold wrapper???

well...

If you go into NeroBurner, and start a new CD, close the wizzrd. and then it will come up with a window that displays buring details and options, if not then go to "File" and select "new".

somewhere in that window you'll see something aloing th lines of "Multi session" choose this and then somewhere else in that window you'll see a check box saying "close cd" uncheck it.

hope this helps.

ton 20:20 09 Jun 2003

Remove InCd, then you can use DirectCD. The two don't get on. I use Nero and DirectCD with no problems.

woodchip 20:30 09 Jun 2003

If you are on XP you have to disable XP CD-ROM burning software to use it. Don't ask me how but I know that is the problem

woodchip 20:32 09 Jun 2003

PS if it's still got the Win-setup in Add Remove you may be able to remove the feature from there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?