Liteon DVD Disk drivers

Elkopop 20:39 27 Oct 2009

Swopped a dvd drive between desktops, thought windows drivers were sufficient in the previous machine to install the drive but appears not in the present desktop and now cant find accessible source of drivers to install the dvd drive any ideas anyone please ( trying to avoid annual membership deals to these driver detective offers you see offered.

MAT ALAN 21:20 27 Oct 2009

Optical drives rely only on the generic drivers that are supplied by your chosen O/S if the drive is not detected it may not be connected properly, check ide and power cables...

sharpamat 08:18 28 Oct 2009

Also check jumper settings

oldbeefer2 11:24 28 Oct 2009

If you want to use an on-line prog, Drivermax click here has a free version that I've used several times (the freebie does make you wait 15 secs each time with a nag to buy, but it does work).

Input Overload 11:30 28 Oct 2009

As sharpama said check the jumper settings on the back of the drive, you may have two drives on Master/Slave. Windows has drivers for all CD/DVD drives within it, you certainly don't need to look for drivers.

Input Overload 11:33 28 Oct 2009

BTW I think it was on the latest PCA DVD there is Ashampoo burner a program I have used for some time & which I feel is the best out there. If you want it & don't have it I can post it to you.

BT 17:17 28 Oct 2009

Driver Max
I use the free version and its enabled me to get all the drivers for my Advent after the recovery partion failed and I had to install a new copy of XP. The main restriction is only 2 a day with the free version but you can get a 30 day one for about £6 which will allow unlimited downloads.

Elkopop 14:36 01 Nov 2009

Hi,thanks for all your replies, I found that I had forgot to change the jumper from slave when it had been the second dvd drive to master as it is the only one now installed-thanks to sharpamat, Matalan and inputoverload. Have started to use the drivermax prog-thanks to oldbeefer2. Input-what does the other program on the ashampoo disc that you mentioned do, is it driver recovery as well?.
Thanks for coming to the rescue, all :), this forum never lets you down when you have a problem-thanks.

tullie 18:33 01 Nov 2009

As has been stated twice,no need to download any drivers.

tullie 18:37 01 Nov 2009

Nearly forgot,just download ImgBurn if you need to burn something to disk,its free.

Elkopop 11:00 02 Nov 2009

Am using Driver Max as preperation for windows 7 to get all drivers updated- thanks Tulie will have a look at Imgburn-thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?