Liteon 1633S DVD dual RW

bugsy.m 20:48 28 Apr 2005

I have just got a Liteon 1633s DVDrw, problem is it seems very picky on the media type !
As anybody got a similar drive if so could they advise on make of media best suited to copy movies to, also what version of NERO etc are they using ?

Chegs ® 21:37 28 Apr 2005

I have almost the same writer as you(1673),I use Ritek G05 media.I have also tried Princo dyes without any trouble.I use Nero 6/TMPGenc/DVD Shrink to create my "masterpieces" I have only had the LG for a week or so,my Pioneer A106 suddenly developed a dislike to ANY disc(even ones it had just burnt a few days earlier)I use DVD Identifier to get the MFG's dye info from the blanks. click here

To get the most suitable media,take a look here click here and select LG for brand,leave brand+type empty and speeds at all speeds.This site only deals with +R media,the other site I had lined up in my favourites is temporarily offline.

bugsy.m 21:45 28 Apr 2005

You say you have a 1673 is it a Liteon or an LG your message is a bit confusing ?

Pooke100 21:58 28 Apr 2005

My preference is the infiniti brand, had different ones of theirs and they burned to 100% success, no coasters at all. Use Nero Reloaded 6 too, HTH.

P

Chegs ® 22:04 28 Apr 2005

Your right,sorry.I have an LG 1673.(sneaks off to corner to hide)No matter,the info on the links still applies,only instead of LG for Brand,put Liteon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?